Thursday 3 August 2017

 
I thought this was very interesting and am thinking I will purchase his book and read more. I am a big advocate of people being creative. Creativity is one of the reasons I like being an instructor as well I see the joy a student gets in being creative. They are showcasing a project that is unique to them. This video describes that educational system as only encouraging one type of learning. My favorite line by Ken Robinson (2007)  is ( and I'm paraphrasing) people are afraid to make mistakes, intelligence is dynamic, creativity is just as important as literacy. This also made me think about the educational system and its alignment. We only test facts etc. therefore we have no way of applying a mark to a student who is creative.

Robinson, K (presenter). (2007, January 6). Do schools kill creativity? Sir ken Robinson. Ted talk retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY.

No comments:

Post a Comment