Sunday 18 September 2016

Motivation

It is funny that I am writing about motivation this week because I am late with my assignments and the first 2 chapters in the course involve motivation. It made me ask why am I late with my assignments? Every time I start a new course I usually take a few weeks to get started and by that time I am already behind the eight ball. Why do I keep repeating this action? I obviously must love having the pressure of completing the assignment under limited time and being in the office on a Sunday? Well the answer to that question is a resounding no. What I have found out about myself recently is that when I do get started and engaged in the course I love it but when I am not attempting the online material every night I disengage. Does anyone else find this? If so what do you do ? I definitely have difficulty with online courses. Here is a link I found with 5 tips to stay motivated. http://distancelearn.about.com/od/managingyourwork/a/motivation.htm
 


"Student engagement is a product of motivation and active learning."(Barkley, p.6)


Barkley, E.F., (2010). Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty. San Francisco, CA:Jossey-Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment