Monday 24 July 2017

Principles of Adult Learning Scale- Conti

 

Principles of Adult Learning Scale (PALS)

tilt.colostate.edu/files/eportfolios/167/File_4328F80C-C53… · DOC file · Web view
Principles of Adult Learning Scale (PALS) Developed by Gary J. Conti.


I just completed the PALS assessment and learned a lot about my teaching style. Is it "teacher centered" or "student centered"?

There were 6 factors and they were:

Factor 1: Learner-Centered Activities. I scored 47.
Factor 2: Personalizing Instruction. I scored 23.
Factor 3: Relating to Experience. I scored 24.
Factor 4: Assessing Student Needs. I scored 14.
Factor 5: Climate Building. I scored 17.
Factor 6: Participation in the Learning Process. I scored 8.
Factor 7: Flexibility for Personal Development. I scored 12.


Factors that were indicative of my teaching style through this assessment were Factors 1, 3, 4, and 5.

My total score was 145.

A total score between 0-145 indicates my style to be "teacher-centered" and 146-220 to be "student centered."
So this would say that I am teacher-centered but I look at as I am balanced between the two styles right now in my career. I would agree with the results of the assessment and feel that I might be slightly teacher centered due to my experience as a student with traditional teacher centered instructors and as I find my way in this profession I can see myself becoming more and more student centered.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment