Wednesday 26 April 2017

Code of Ethics


My field of Medical Imaging has a Code of Ethics. These are the responsibilities of the members of The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).

The core ethics are patient centered care, evidence-based and reflective practice, providing a safe environment, acting with professional integrity.

This is something I honestly didn’t look at when I was working in the hospital because I feel it just came naturally. As a teacher though I refer to this all the time as it provides context to some of the things we teach and I find it very valuable and am thankful for the time someone put into creating this.

I now realize the importance of documents like this and they should be emphasized more in the workplace. This would make a great in service!

No comments:

Post a Comment