Thursday 13 April 2017

Week 1 PIDP 3260 delayed because of flu and apathy!!!

A little bit behind on the blog entry mainly because of apathy but a little bit because of the flu. First entry is to be used to explain a little bit about myself so here goes. I am a 40 year old male, happily married, 2 beautiful boys aged 2 and 5, who is a beginner teacher (2 years) who has just ruptured their right achilles tendon. Needless to say I have a lot on the go, or I should say not much on the go, as I am unable to drive right now probably for the next 3 months.

I am an instructor in the Medical Radiography Program at Camosun College and have enjoyed the transition from x-ray technologist to instructor but it has been a lot of work. I am thankful for support of family, peers, students and the help of the PIDP program to help make sense of what was happening in the classroom as I left my last job and was teaching a week later with no experience.

The PIDP classes have given me ideas of how to structure my courses and to help support the students with engagement activities, fair assessment, valuable feedback and all in all just to learn the language of instructing. I am taking PIDP 3260 Professional Practice to continue my growth as an individual and instructor and become one step closer to achieving my diploma.


Image taken from http://www.stoneclinic.com/achilles-tendon 

No comments:

Post a Comment